The Queensberry Hotel has the following vacancies:
The Olive Tree Restaurant, holder of 1 Michelin Star for three years, is looking for a passionate and talented Head chef to work with Executive Chef Chris Cleghorn, to lead the brigade and continue to develop the award winning menu in one of Bath’s longest established independent restaurants.
About Chris Cleghorn
Prior to Chris establishing himself at The Olive Tree where he has lead the team for 8 years, he worked at Gidleigh Park with Michael Caines, at The Crown at Whitebrook with James Sommerin as well as working for Heston Blumenthal at The Fat Duck in Bray. He is a passionate focused Chef who has gained recognition for his creative elegant menus. He is committed to the development of young talented Chefs and their careers.
A few of our many accolades
- Only Michelin star restaurant in Bath
- 3 AA rosettes for 15 years.
- Trencherman’s Best Restaurant
- AA Best wine list
- Acorn Award 2020 for Owen Farr. (Restaurant Manager)
- Catey Award 2020 Best Independent Hotel.
About The Olive Tree Restaurant
- Dinner 6:30-9pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Lunch 12:30-2pm (Friday to Sunday )
- Closed Mondays (only breakfast and room service )
- The menu is based upon a 6 and 9 course tasting with as tasting and lunch menu available weekends only
- No afternoon tea served
Terms and Conditions and Benefits include (non contractual):
We are committed to a healthy work life balance. In order to offer this we: –
- Offer a competitive salary of £34,000 plus pension benefits.
- Close the restaurant for four weeks throughout the year to guarantee holidays are given to all members of the team. 28 days holiday in total.
- We guarantee 2 days off per week and a further early breakfast / lunch shift the day prior.
We provide the following benefits to all members of the team: –
- Laundered Chef Whites
- Free Meals on duty
- Discounted taxis
- Two complimentary meals for two at The Olive Tree Restaurant
- One complimentary overnight stay at the hotel
- Career support within an ambitious privately owned company. If you have the following we would like to hear from you:
About the right candidate
As a senior member of the team you will need to demonstrate the following: –
- Previous experience at Senior Sous / Sous Chef within a Michelin star restaurant.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team of chefs as well as train and nurture young chefs and apprentices.
- Highly creative approach to your work with exceptional attention to detail.
- Confidence in serving guests to help create an unforgeable experience.
- Experience in overseeing and implementing health and safety requirements.
- Calm and professional work ethic.
- A drive and determination to further your own personal development as a Chef.
If you like what we do and you believe that you could contribute to our future whilst enjoying the environment of a small quality lead kitchen then please send you CV to Executive Chef, Chris Cleghorn at email@example.com
Sign up to our newsletter to receive exciting offers and news about the Queensberry Hotel and Olive Tree Restaurant.More Info
Grab The Best Deals
A Gourmet Getaway
You are invited to join us at Bath’s only Michelin star restaurant – why not make an average weekday extra special.More Info
Two Nights Stay
Two nights of luxury and comfort – not forgetting a bottle of prosecco and complimentary late check out.More Info
Michelin Star Lunch
Join us at our chic townhouse to take advantage of our exclusive autumn deal.More Info
Around and about Bath
Receive a special discount from tailor-made tour experts Around and About Bath.More Info
Exclusive Black Friday Deal
This festive season, we want to thank our loyal guests by offering a special exclusive offer.More Info