Seeking A Dear Career?
The Queensberry Hotel AND The Olive Tree Restaurant are both really delightful places to work if we do say so ourselves. Thanks to hotel owners Laurence and Helen and the Senior Team Lead by executive head chef, Chris Cleghorn and General Manager Joss Roussanne .We nurture a supportive environment where individual and team achievements are constantly recognised and thoroughly celebrated in style.
We focus on driving a “One Team” culture, ensuring our people really WANT to come to work. We are proud to have incentive programmes for all team members and share financial profits with everyone on a quarterly basis. In the restaurant, we recently introduced 4-day weeks for our kitchen brigade, designed to reflect the changing expectations of our multi-generational workforce.
We also strongly believe that the welfare of our team and all who work in hospitality is paramount if we are to continue to fight the challenge of getting more people to join the industry. We also endeavour to meet all mental health and professional needs of our much-value extended family. Laurence and Helen have been long-standing supporters of Hospitality Action and have maintained membership of the Employee Action Programme that provides support to any member of the team in times of need.
We like people who strive to shoot for the stars whilst having their feet solidly on the ground. Experience is fabulous and for some of our roles, we do require this but perhaps you are thinking about a change of job and considering whether a role in an amazing kitchen or beautiful hotel is for you.
Quite frankly, for us it is more about the willingness, personality, passion, and ability to take on a task and really make it work. You could say that sometimes the stars just align.
Both The Queensberry Hotel and The Olive Tree Restaurant are highly unique environments. As very strong independent propositions, we are on the hunt for independent individuals who are keen to make their mark in the rewarding realm of top-notch hospitality. We are really open to anybody that thinks they might be interested in being part of our family. Please do get in touch with us.
What’s In It For You?
Gains of working with us are plentiful but just to give you a little indication….
• Free meals on duty to keep you fuelled and nourished
• 50% off taxis to and from work-Between 11pm and 6;30am.
• A complimentary SIX course tasting menu and bottle of wine for you and one guest at The Olive Tree Restaurant . Which can be enjoyed after every 6 months of service.*
• After every complete years’ service, each team member is welcome to stay in the hotel, dine and have breakfast with a plus one. *
• Friends and Family rate of £95 inclusive of breakfast for 2, Subject to availability.*
• Exceptional career progression within an ambitious privately owned company. Offering ongoing training opportunities to keep you at the top of your game.
• Auto enrolment onto Nest pension scheme
• Free uniform provided to ensure you look fabulous
• In house Social Committee – Who’s focus is to organise team building events , every quarter.
*Subject to terms and restrictions
So, if you’re looking to break into the world of hospitality in our beautiful corner of the country, click to view our vacancies below.